Wednesday 17 April 2013

It Begins!

So, this is me...
My name is Mark Turner and on the 11th April 2013 I turned 29.  Yes, I am now officially in my late twenties. OK so maybe I've been in my late twenties for a while now but lets not spoil this moment for me!

At the time of writing, I have exactly 358 days until I turn the dreaded 30. The big three zero. That's three actual whole decades I would have been on this planet.

God I feel old! So old in fact, that I have now begun to grow concerned about the lack of actual achievements I have completed in my life. If the average life span of a white male is 70-78 years old, in 358 days I will be approximately 40% through my life and what have I really achieved?! Sure I found a gorgeous woman stupid enough to marry me (love you honey!), I've thrown myself out of an aeroplane and swam with dolphins, but lets be honest, everybody does these things!

I want to do something different, and I want to make sure I don't miss out on some key experiences in life. This is why I have decided to complete thirty things I have never done before I reach the ripe old age of 30. I have not completed the list yet (I do have a number of things in mind) but I would be more than happy to listen to your ideas!

I will be posting updates with photos and videos regularly on this blog, so please check back and see how I'm getting on.

Speaking of which, I have already completed number 3) Start an Internet Blog, and so far I'm rather enjoying the experience! Why is that number 3 you ask. Well I'll get to that in my next post!


1 comment:

  1. I just hope none of your goals were "go through the entire year without suffering a serious injury" ;)

    ReplyDelete